- Phone Numbers For Web Designersby email@example.com (Onno Westra) on September 28, 2022 at 11:00 am
The customer journey is not limited to a website alone. Simply by combining the world of website design and telephony, far better results can be obtained for your […]
- Five Data-Loading Patterns To Boost Web Performanceby firstname.lastname@example.org (Agustinus Theodorus) on September 27, 2022 at 2:00 pm
You don’t need a framework for everything, but if you use one, this article will help you use it in the most performant way.
- Meet SmashingConf New York 🇺🇸 (Oct 10–13)by email@example.com (Vitaly Friedman) on September 26, 2022 at 10:30 am
SmashingConf NYC is back! A friendly, inclusive conference for designers and front-end engineers who can’t wait to learn and be inspired. October 10–13, 2022. Get your […]
- Lessons Learned As A Designer-Founderby firstname.lastname@example.org (Dave Feldman) on September 23, 2022 at 11:30 am
In this article, Dave Feldman shares his lessons learned and the experiments has done as a multidisciplinary designer-founder-CEO at an early-stage startup. Let’s take a […]
- Things I Wish I Had Known About Angular When I Startedby email@example.com (William Juan) on September 22, 2022 at 1:00 pm
If you’re considering learning Angular, this article sums up what William Juan wished he knew when he started, including the mistakes made and lessons learned the hard way.
- Designing Better Inline Validation UXby firstname.lastname@example.org (Vitaly Friedman) on September 21, 2022 at 11:30 am
Inline validation in web forms is useful when it works, but frustrating when it fails. Too often it leads to an endless stream of disruptive error messages or dead-ends […]
- Smashing Podcast Episode 53 With Rémi Parmentier: Can HTML Email Use Modern CSS?by email@example.com (Drew McLellan) on September 20, 2022 at 1:00 pm
In this episode of the Smashing Podcast, we’re talking about HTML email. Do we still have to design like we would for IE5? Vitaly talks to expert Rémi Parmentier to find […]
- What’s New In Gatsby 2022?by firstname.lastname@example.org (Paul Scanlon) on September 20, 2022 at 8:00 am
Gatsby has evolved quite dramatically in the last two years. In this article, Paul Scanlon explains what Gatsby can do today, and how he used some of the new features when […]
- Building A Retro Draggable Web Component With Litby email@example.com (Andrico Karoulla) on September 19, 2022 at 6:00 pm
In today’s article, Andrico Karoulla explains how to create a cool draggable effect by listening to the drag events and writing some custom logic inside the handlers.
- Rethinking Star Ratings For Readersby firstname.lastname@example.org (Matt Athanasiou) on September 16, 2022 at 10:00 am
How can companies change their rating and review systems to better benefit users? Matt Athanasiou shares some steps to improve the experience of reviewing literature and […]
- Headless In Times Of Accessibilityby email@example.com (Josefine Schaefer) on September 15, 2022 at 10:00 am
Do you want to make your new website as accessible as possible? Amazing, that’s a great mindset! Let’s have a closer look at the factors you should take into […]
In this article, Juan Diego covers the least known yet extremely useful APIs, such as the Page Visibility API, Web Sharing API, Broadcast Channel API and Internationalization […]
- Making Sense Of WAI-ARIA: A Comprehensive Guideby firstname.lastname@example.org (Kate Kalcevich) on September 13, 2022 at 10:00 am
In this article, Kate Kalcevich explains when to use ARIA and how to use it properly so that you can use ARIA in a way that’s helpful to the many disabled people who use […]
- Meet “Smart Interface Design Patterns Checklists” (Deck With 166 Cards)by email@example.com (Vitaly Friedman) on September 12, 2022 at 1:00 pm
Meet “Smart Interface Design Patterns Checklists”, a deck of 166 checklist cards to help you design and build better interfaces, faster. With accordions, mega-drop-downs, […]
- One Formula To Rule Them All: The ROI Of A Design Systemby firstname.lastname@example.org (Maximilian Speicher & Guido Baena Wehrmann) on September 9, 2022 at 8:30 am
Design systems are a crucial success factor for digital businesses, and virtually every major player works with one. Still, they can sometimes be hard to sell to management. […]
- UX Checklists For Interface Designersby email@example.com (Vitaly Friedman) on September 8, 2022 at 1:00 pm
UX checklists with best design practices, accessibility guidelines, design system checklist, tables UX checklist, UX research methods, form design UX and flowcharts.
- The Realities And Myths Of Contrast And Colorby firstname.lastname@example.org (Andrew Somers) on September 6, 2022 at 7:00 pm
In this article, Andrew Somers, a 35-year veteran of the Hollywood film and television industry, shares his experience about the hard-fought battles and lessons learned […]
- Smashing Podcast Episode 52 With Yiying Lu: How Do You Become An NFT Artist?by email@example.com (Drew McLellan) on September 6, 2022 at 10:00 am
In this episode of the Smashing Podcast, we ask how do you go from running a creative studio to designing NFTs. Vitaly talks to artist Yiying Lu to find out.
- Meet Understanding Privacy, A New Smashing Book By Heather Burnsby firstname.lastname@example.org (Vitaly Friedman) on September 5, 2022 at 2:00 pm
Meet “Understanding Privacy”, our upcoming book on what data privacy is really about beyond scary headlines. Approx. 350 pages. eBook available in October, print shipping […]
- The Accessibility And Usability Journey Of Drupal’s Primary Navigationby email@example.com (Mike Herchel) on September 2, 2022 at 10:30 am
In this article, Mike Herchel covers Drupal’s new default theme, Olivero, which is usable, accessible, robust, and beautiful and will help you improve websites’ […]